The WPS-HA Compact Secretariat is excited to host its second Thematic Knowledge Session of 2023 for Compact Signatories.
The sessions are structured around the Compact’s five thematic areas, as well as other critical, cross-cutting, or emerging areas, and will enable Signatories to exchange with other Signatories and thematic experts on their selected Compact actions, share progress on implementation, and forge connections for collaboration.
The upcoming session will be held on 3 May, 9:00-11:00 am EDT and it will focus on Women’s Full, Equal, and Meaningful Participation and Inclusion of Gender-Related Provisions in Peace Processes.
- Opening and Welcome
- Overview of Signatory Actions
- Context Analysis and Actions Gaps Analysis – UN Women
- Compact Signatories Presentations
- Libyan Women’s Platform for Peace
- International Civil Society Action Network (ICAN)
- Search for Common Ground
- UN Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (UNDPPA)
- Audience discussion
- Reflections from Compact Stakeholders
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway
- The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD)
- Closing and the Way Forward – WPS-HA Compact Secretariat
- Zahra’a Langhi – Libyan Women’s Platform for Peace
- Helena Gronberg – International Civil Society Action Network (ICAN)
- Shatha Hussein – UN Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (UNDPPA)
- Harold Nordgaard – Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway
- Pravina Makan-Lakha – The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD)
- Hend Nafie – Search for Common Ground