WOMEN, PEACE AND SECURITY
AND HUMANITARIAN ACTION
The WPS-HA Compact is an inter-generational, inclusive global movement which calls for the redesign of peace and security and humanitarian processes to systematically and meaningfully include women and girls – including peacebuilders, refugees, other forcibly displaced and stateless women and girls – in the decisions that impact their lives.
The Compact builds on years of work on women, peace and security and humanitarian action at the global, regional, national and local level.
Signatories are invited to take transformative action for gender equality through strengthened coordination on existing mechanisms for women peace and security and humanitarian action; improved monitoring and assessment of progress; and a focus on financing, advocacy and increased visibility.
THROUGH FIVE ISSUE AREAS:
- Financing the WPS agenda and gender equality in humanitarian programming
- Women’s meaningful participation in peace processes
- Women’s economic security, access to resources and other essential services
- Women’s leadership and agency across peace, security and humanitarian sectors
- Protection of women in conflict and crisis contexts, including women human rights defenders
TYPES OF INVESTMENTS:
- Endorse the Preamble and Framework Actions
- Select specific transformative actions across the five issue areas of the WPS-HA Compact
- Actively engage in the implementation and monitoring of the WPS-HA Compact over the next five years
- Mobilize other stakeholders around the WPS-HA Compact
SEE YOURSELF IN THE COMPACT
WHO CAN BECOME A COMPACT SIGNATORY?
- Civil Society Organizations and Networks
- UN Entities
- Academic Institutions
- Private Sector
- Youth Organizations and Networks
- International or Regional Organizations
- Step One: Review the Compact Framework – EN, FR, ES, RU, AR.
- Step Two: Download the list of actions – EN, FR, ES, RU, AR. Select one or more actions from any of the issue areas and identify possible partners to collaborate on actions.
- Step Three: Complete the form below to indicate which actions you’ve chosen and which investments you’ll make to implement them.